Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. --1 Timothy 4:12

Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

An Angry God

Have you ever done something you know you shouldn't have done and then told yourself "It will be okay. I've done enough good to make up for that. God won't send me to Hell just because of that, I mean He loves me." Well let me tell you, if you haven't already figured it out, THAT IS THE VOICE OF SATAN. God is merciful and gracious, but he is also just. Now how can you show grace and be just. I believe that sins we accidentally commit God will give mercy for, but if we know we shouldn't do something, but do it anyway then that is when Christ's anger kicks in! It says in the Bible that God is angry, yes it says that in the Bible! Read Jeremiah 2-5 and you will see what I am talking about.

In America we think so much of ourselves and leave so little for Christ that there isn't room to fear God. God is scary. We say he is all powerful, but we don't dive into the meaning. Christ can do whatever he wants. That is scary! He had no reason to save us, and still has no reason to save us from Hell, but His love. I THANK GOD for His love for me. He didn't even have to create me, but he did.

If Christ did all this for us, just because He loves us, don't you think we should follow His will, just because we love him.

2 comments:

  1. Mason - I love you. You are growing into a man of Truth. What an honor to call you son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wise young man. I have been having the same feelings/thoughts for quite some time. We are chosen and predestined to do God's will for the devil is defeated and we are blessed! I thank God for you, brother. Continue to spread the Word and wisdom of God, it is almost TIME.

    --Alexandra

    ReplyDelete