Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. --1 Timothy 4:12

Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Are we Trampling God's Glory

I so often think that I am a good Christian because, I do so much, and I say I do it for Chirst, but am I really doing it for him? Lately I have been trampling God's Glory. I have put other things in front of God, telling God to wait. I have also lowered God to where I think of Him as someone just above myself, not the God of every single thing.

What do we as Christ's body in America? Do we trample God's glory, or do we realize he could wipe out the universe before we had time to say 'ouch?'

If you are like me you grew up in a Godly home, which is a sword that swings both ways. The good part is that you start out knowing Christ and will have a relationship with him for life in most cases. The bad side of it is that you are read the little kid Bibles. You grow up with those stories, and then when you are old enough to actually understand fully what those stories meant, they are not amazing and astonishing like they should be. I know this post is a bit hard to follow, but please think about if you are doing something to give God glory, or to give you glory.

2 comments:

  1. Good questions Mason!

    Here's one for you. Can you magnify God/Jesus doing the same activities (you say, "I do so much" so I'm not sure what activities you have in mind) or would you have to do different things to magnify Him? How do you know if you do the things you do for Him or for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thought provoking. Our motives are never hidden from God. He knows our hearts. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete