Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. --1 Timothy 4:12

Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Modern Day

As you read my blog you will notice that I talk a lot about the Modern Day. We live in a world full of physical and also spiritual sickness. I look at the world and think about how evil it has become. I also look at the world and think that this generation is going to turn that around. I believe we are going to flip the world and truly live as Christian's 24/7/365, but I (I believe many others as well) am a procrastinator. We say we will change the world when we get older, but why do we need to wait? We can start working now.

My brothers and I have formed a band and all of us are under the age of 14. We don't just sit around either. We aren't those kids who are 'in a band' yet they never practice or have no instruments. We play at a homeless ministry once a month, and we just wrote our first song. We are doing God's work just like so many other teens out there. Our music teacher teaches a band that plays at a middle school. The band played during the lunch hour and other students could go and worship God or they could sit down and eat lunch, they couldn't do both. The room where the band was playing was full of students who were burning with a passion that can only come from God.

Now please don't read this and feel like you are no good because you aren't doing anything for God. That is the devil attacking you. Just take this as a challenge to start doing something for our awesome God!

No comments:

Post a Comment