Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. --1 Timothy 4:12

Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

What Are You Going To Be?

One thing I have been thinking about lately is who am I and who do I want to be. You see in our modern world you can be two different people when you reach your 'teen' years. When you are at church, youth group, or Christian camps you are a youth. When you are out in the 'world' with your friends you are a teenager. I think the difference between teens and youth is very simple.

Youth are young people living for God, and teens are anyone between 13 and 19. Youth seem to have much more of a calling, but it seems that I only feel that calling when I am with Christian peers. When I do feel it and I am not around Christian peers I don't live it out. I want to be God's messenger into this generation and recruit young men and women for the Lord's army. I have a question for YOU though, are you going to be a teenager or a youth?

1 comment:

  1. Mason,
    Wow, I am so encouraged by your thoughts! I know God will use you as a messenger into this generation!
    Mrs. Von Hagen

    ReplyDelete