Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. --1 Timothy 4:12

Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What Have we Become?



This video is so strong, and is totally in line with America today. We are told to do what we want and get as rich as possible, but what Christ says in the Bible is totally opposite.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal, but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." Matt. 6:19-20.

We need to stop listening to the world though and start listening to Christ. We think nothing is wrong with us, but everyone else is in the wrong. That is in our blood, we are defensive. We look at the splinter in our brother's eye without noticing the log in our own.

Do something for me and I want you to use this to evaluate the American Church. When you think of foreign, persecuted, house churches. Do you picture yourself looking down and pitying those churches, or those churches looking down on us? I pictured churches here looking down on those churches, but it really should be flipped. Those churches are the ones, that are truly indulging in the love and power of Christ, but the church here in America is blinded by the log in its own eye. Lets start changing that one person at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Mason - keep pushing me. I need it. Oh, I need it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out about this blog last night and had to check it out. I work on staff at River's Edge Christian Academy and am the mom of one of the guys who will be in your class next year.

    I am very encouraged to see your passion for serving Christ and your depth in your spiritual journey. Keep the challenges coming. We all need it.

    Blessings,
    Mrs. Hilemon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mason - I posted a link to your blog on mine today! I love you!

    ReplyDelete