Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. --1 Timothy 4:12

Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Where do We put God

I went to a large gathering the other night called Hope In the Dark. It was about African adoptions and the orphan crisis there. My grandparents hosted our table, and for doing that they got a book. I was looking through the book and I found this.

"We know that Americans pity Africans," said a young African man. "But I think sometimes Africans pity Americans. Americans seem to expect everything will be provided for them. For us, this ear of corn is a gift from God. This evening's rain is a shower of mercy. This healthy breath is life-giving, and maybe tomorrow we will not have such things, but out hearts are so full from God's provision."

Talk about God slapping us in the face, but I think that is so true. Quick story, I live in Knoxville, TN and I had a competition in Nashville. I rode up with my team and my Mom was coming the next day. While she was coming up she got lost. She had no idea where to go. She got all frustrated that she didn't have a GPS, she didn't have a map, she didn't have a nice phone, etc. and then she remembered,'Oh yeah, I can pray.' And she did. Right then she found a road she recognized. She got onto and came to stop lights. She knew she was supposed to turn, but she didn't know which way. My brother insisted that they go right, so they turned right and found the exact place where they needed to be. Not only that, right when they pulled into the parking lot a car pulled out of the best parking place she could get.

I know that is really wordy, but think about it. First, my Mom complained that she didn't have something to tell her where to go, but all she needed was God. I want to encourage you to trust God with your needs. He will take care of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment